INSPIRATIONAL BOOKS

Monday, April 26, 2010

THAT WAS ME BUT NOW THIS ME!

This message was preached yesterday by pastor Paul and he is sharing it with you because you are special in his heart. Please, do pass it on and stay blessed.
THAT WAS ME! BUT NOW THIS IS ME!
2Corinthians 5:17 Now if any man is in Christ Jesus he is a new creation, old things have passed away and behold all things have become new.
The above scripture says "NOW..." it does not say "THEN..." The "NOW..."means God is not looking at your pasts but He is looking at you right now. He wants us to move on. He wants you to recognize your newness once you are in Christ Jesus. He wants us to let go of old things. Old things will give birth to old things while new things will give birth to new things. Old things will attract old things while new things will attract new things. If you need new things then you must do new things. Quit from the old things.
The reason why some Christians are experiencing the same old things that they suffered before is that they refused to let go old things. When you hold on to old offence then old pains will begin to find their ways back to you. You refused to forgive the person who offended you yet you are praying to God for a miracle. You refused to let go of negative confessions yet you are expecting new things. Satan knows how to get you back to your old self in order for the old pains to come back.
If one must move forward then it is time he looks back and say "That was me! But now this is me!" For the new things to happen in your life you must let go of the old things.
The bad names that I used to answer I answer no more!
The bad songs I used to sing I sing no more!
The bad dance I used to dance I dance no more!
The bad conversation I used to have I have no more!
The bad company I used to keep I keep no more!
The tears I used to shed I shed no more!
The fear I used to fear I fear no more!
The negative confessions I used to confess I confess no more!
When Satan comes saying "Be afraid" you have to say "That was me but now this is me! The word of my God says "Fear not for I am with you!". When the devil says "Look your old pains are coming back!"You say "No! That was me but now this is me! I am a new creation in Chrst Jesus, old things about me are all gone and behold everything about me have become new!"
For things to change in your life you must change your thinking and if you change your thinking then your confession will change also. Let us pray;
PRAYER:
Almighty God thank You for transforming me through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am now a new creation, all old things about me are gone and everything about me have become new. I am the Light of this world therefore I shine. I am the glory of God! I am the Apple of God's eye. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I shall not die but live to declare the works of God. I am blessed above every curse. I take back all that the devil stole from me in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is important to everyone. Please, let us hear from you. Thanks